The Inner Journey to Change
Welcome to this private practice. The sole purpose of this practice is to help more deeply connect the conscious and unconscious minds. Hypnotherapy is not covered by medical or insurance plans. The fee is $100 per hour, the first appointment is two hours, and subsequent appointments are usually one hour.
We are conscious mind (ego) and unconscious mind for the most part. The conscious mind learns and makes corrections, adapting to new environments, cultures and situations. Life generally flows along as one year leads into the next.
It's when strong changes occur in the outer or inner world, that the conscious mind needs help. It can be as simple as meditation, changing environments, eating differently, or in some cases, medication for temporary help.
All of us, including those who are comfortably in the flow of day-to-day life, can add significantly to our quality of life by developing the self. This development takes work, but the rewards are great.
The self gives you hints of its presence, through synchronicities, spiritual events, magical experiences with the divine; the experiences are as varied as grains of sand on a beach.
Inner Journey to Change helps you develop the self, the emergent self at this point.
Once the self emerges, things begin to change in the outer and inner world, this self gains power as it is nurtured, eventually becoming a force that begins to nurture your ego and your unconscious mind, then it begins to connect you with the great spiritual flow that connects all things.
The emergent self is a Shaman, otherworldly, and powerful.
How do you begin to call upon the emergent self?
- Record your dreams, fragments, snippets. These are communiques from the self, and because your self is in an emergent state, the messages are likely distorted, with levels of meaning, rarely what you see, feel and hear.
- Bring your dreams to your first appointment with Cameron. Together, you will begin the navigate the dark waters and begin to establish a connection with the self.
- There will be many opposing ideas, just as there may be in your outer life. As the self emerges, its first task is to unite these opposites, harmonizing them. Think of the self as a most compassionate and wise diplomat, someone who can find harmony between all oppositional forces in your inner world. We all wish for such a person in our outer world of nations on the earth. Until then, your job is to nurture your emergent self.
- Cameron will use hypnotherapy to amplify the joining together of oppositional parts, as your emergent self grows and gains power.
- You may also choose to do some body work, lomilomi, which is an ancient Hawaiian energy balancing massage that clears out energy blockages that have resided in your body, for many years, even lifetimes.
- Eventually, your emergent self will begin to be more and more a part of your daily life, this is when outside help is not needed.
You can begin the Inner Journey to Change by setting up your first four sessions, face to face with Cameron in his Kamloops studio.
You can also begin the program virtually, email feedback and live virtual sessions either by audio or video. Send Cameron a note today.
Inner Journey to Change includes
- Study of your Dreams - Beginning your dream journal today, you send a message to your subconscious mind, and the collective unconscious that joins everyone to each other and the natural world, that you are ready to listen to the messages that the collective sends you that help guide you along this path. The images are often cryptic, they are often not what they seem on the surface, this is when we study the messages, the signs from beyond.
- Hypnotherapy - Your unconscious mind and your dreaming mind are joined with each other and the collective; hypnotherapy helps your conscious mind let go and hand the work of discovery to the larger parts. Carl Jung compared the unconscious to a mountain that sticks out of the ocean, the island is the conscious mind, the mountain is below. Revelations and paths open while in this state.
- Synchronicities begin to occur, in relationships, the natural world, in dreams, everywhere; they affirm your new path. Carl Yung, " who looks outside, dreams, who looks inside, awakens."
- Lomilomi massage. There are only several dozen authentic LomiLomi treatment givers outside of Hawaii, Cameron is one. Lomilomi is a gentle flowing massage that releases old energies and aligns you with your authentic path.
LomiLomi (pronounced low-me-low-me) brought to the Hawaiians by their light being ancestors from the Pleiades Hōkū (star) many centuries ago, is their method of removing negative energy, from this lifetime, and past lifetimes, so that your journey into the future flows rightly like a continuous wave. Lomilomi is applied in gentle waves, because Spirit flows continually through time and space like an endless wave.
We often struggle against the symptoms, only to find that they become stronger than before. This is called the journey of the martyr or champion, where you are fooled into believing that foe is vanquished...or will be finally vanquished with this new drug. Unfortunately with inner work, the foe cannot be vanquished, in fact it is wanting you to truly understand it, for it embodies energy within a closed system, so to "vanquish" it, the energy simply transforms into something else, often much worse and harder to combat in its new form.
You probably have had personal experience with this phenomenon. There is another path and it resonates with reconciliation; the hero's path. The hero meets the symptom in the wasteland, comes to understand its true nature, which is to return the energy you need, home. When it arrives home, you receive the gifts it has, and return to the village of normal life with these gifts. Every client who embarks on a Hero's Journey describes what happens as "a switch, a woosh, a tingling sensation, a rush of energy, etc", its your body responding the return of the 'prodigal son', to use a Biblical analogy of the rejected part returning to celebration. Dreams often reveal this emergence from chaos, long before.
Inner change is often subtle, and the changes will ripple like an energy wave that encompasses all that you do and know. It is often noticeable by others, especially those who you are intimate with. You are also on the path that resonates with your heart....that's why you had the symptoms in the first place....your inner life was in a desperate struggle with you to bring rejected energy home.
The mind body integration therapy helps you enter the mysterious world of your subconscious mind and somatic (body) mind.
"I have been to many counselors but although they give me useful tools, there is so much resistance, that the tools become ineffective. Like a pill, I may feel different for awhile, but the environment I am in doesnt seem to change. I just become numb and have a feeling of endless sameness."
Paradoxically, the closer you come to the threshold, the stronger your negative behaviours and symptoms can become.They have been struggling with you for so long, they are often the last thing you want to understand. This is often when we retreat from the doorway, yet it can also be viewed as a sign that this is the very doorway that you must go through.
This doorway is exactly the place where you will encounter guardians, those people and objects that give you strength to endure the passage from your old world to the new world. Your symptoms at this point appear as demons, so your guardians keep you on your path and remind you that you have retreated before, only to end up in the same place again and again. You already know some of your guardians, both living and dead, and you will meet more. A guardian will also exist in your inner world of dreams, although often not in the same form as they exist(ed) in the outer world.
You may also begin to meet other travellers, those people who share your path, and remind you that this struggle is not yours alone, they too have been before their own doorway, and have retreated, only to return again...and this time, step through and begin the journey. They also remind you that the old ways have not worked. You have already encountered some of them in your life, and this work sends out a call to meet new travellers on both sides of the doorway.
You also need sponsors, those people who give you courage and remind you that the demons you encounter on the other side of the door, have gifts to give you for your life on this side, because you will return. They also remind you that it is you who will enter the doorway, and when your feet are firmly placed on the path, your outer, inner and somatic minds are of one accord.
* individual results vary from person to person. These are average guidelines, your progress may be slower or faster.